Skinny dog

Discussion in 'Night Hunts, Outings and Photos' started by Dusk till Dawn, May 5, 2016.

1. Dusk till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
    Expand Collapse

ive had a few calls this last week or two about hens and turkeys being taken and I've had a few blank nights waiting out !

Tonight I met my mate on the farm, he'd been there a couple hours and not seen anything. I grabbed his .223 with the pulsar nv on top to have a good play with while he was spotting with the xd50s and the fox showed up not long after. I was tempted to give him the rifle as he's been there much longer but the fox was only 50 yards away and moving so I took a quick shot as it was walking and it dropped to the shot.
    A decent size fox but really skinny and showing first signs of mange.

Skinny dog(postid}

2. Dusk till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
    Expand Collapse

Here's a better picture of my mates pulsar digi sight from a previous trip., it's the model with the range finder built in.
    Must say that he took off the Deben it torch that comes with it and it ha tr50 on top tonight and to my eye it was a much crisper image.
    My drone pro 10x is in the post as I type so looking forward to putting it through its paces and il be able to complete a thorough side by side comparison against the pulsar over the next few weeks and il post my findings.

Skinny dog(postid}

#2 Dusk till Dawn, May 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  3. Night Hunter

Night Hunter
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice result Martin, the LRF870 is a good scope with great features, but is let down by the lack of optical magnification, I'm sure Pulsar will put there finger out and get with the times soon enough..For now the Armasight Drone is king of digital dedicated setups ! :)