Drone pro 10x preliminary report

Discussion in 'Night Hunts, Outings and Photos' started by Dusk till Dawn, May 18, 2016.

1. Dusk till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
    Expand Collapse

Well, I zeroed the drone pro to shoot 10mm high at 100 yards to give me a 200 yard zero with 40 grain v max out of the .223 and I've since had it off and on the rifle several times including borrowing it to a mate who wanted to have a look through it when I I couldn't make it out.
    Tonight my mate came out with his pulsar lrf 870 and we did a side by side comparison. Together we agreed that the controls are far more user friendly on the drone, being located in far better positions and less clumsy. The image quality between the two is in my mates words "chalk and cheese".
    Unfortunately no foxes were seen but I gave my mate a go towards end of night and he shot a bunny at a range found 224 yards. A minute later another bunny came out another 30 yards beyond the one he shot and I dropped it cleanly at 250 yards. The image was crisp and sharp and the mag provided clear identification. I would be confident shooting out to 300 yards without a second thought and was impressed that the unit kept its zero despite being taken on and off the rifle many times since its initial zero. Here's a picture of the two we had out tonight, his pulsar on his cz 455 and the drone on my tikka .223.

Drone10x.jpeg

2. Night Hunter

Night Hunter
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

The drone comes nicely back on your T3 there mate, yes there good and built like a tank, money well spent.