Couple from last outing

Discussion in 'Night Hunts, Outings and Photos' started by Dusk till Dawn, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Dusk till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
    Expand Collapse

I've recently being using a pulsar recon 870 with t38 as illuminated as a spotting device after stepping up from the hawke nv 1000 I had previously. I must say its a vast improvement. If the focus is set at around 100 yards it enables the user to spot from 0- around 300 yards without touching the focus ring and I like its simplicity having only 3 buttons that switch the unit on and off, turn on the units in built ir ( but as always an additional ir unit transforms the device ) and a button that selects either white , red, or green image when viewing.
    I've been spotting with it then just turning on the t67 to take the shot and it's working well.
    I got a call the other night about about 2 foxes around the farm and coupled the pulsar with a t67 on top of the .223 and in no time I'd had the job done and was back home .
    Last night I was using an old model of flir thermal and then checking with the pulsar which accounted for a large fox that was causing problems on a different farm.

Attached Files:

#1 Dusk till Dawn, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    TheAirgunShooter likes this.
  2. Dusk till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
    Expand Collapse

The dog and vixen in question

Attached Files:

#2 Dusk till Dawn, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    TheAirgunShooter likes this.
  3. Night Hunter

Night Hunter
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Good idea fitting the lanyard to the torch tail cap mate with the recon only having one weaver mount on the side :)